Mr. Alsaad, was born on January 4, 1958 in Kuwait, and he is a graduate of Kuwait
University where he majored in Accounting. Mr. Alsaad has extensive experience in
investment and the financial sector for the past 35 years, where he served as:
- The former Managing Director of the Kuwait Investment Authority
“KIA”, from December 2003 until April 2017.
- The CEO of one of the leading investment companies in Kuwait, The
Kuwait Financial Center “Markaz” (1997-2003).
- Occupied various positions at The Bank of Kuwait and the Middle
East, currently “Al Ahli United Bank” (1981 – 1997).
- A member of the Board of Directors of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation
- A founding member of the International Forum of Sovereign Wealth
Funds (IFSWF) where he also served as the Chairman and Deputy Chairman from 2009
until October 2015.
Currently, Mr. Alsaad serves on the Boards of Directors for many companies, organizations
and committees, namely:
- The Board of Directors of the Kuwait Investment Authority "KIA"
- Executive Committee of the Board of KIA since 2003.
- Supervisory Board of Daimler AG.
- Supervisory Board of Daimler Truck "DT"
- The Board of Directors of BlackRock.
- The Global Advisory Council of Bank of America.
- Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development.